Square Credit Card Reader Versus PAYware Mobile Encryption Sleeve
The Square credit card reader has been getting a great deal of attention these days, giving rise to many questions here at PaymentMax about the differences. Here is a look at the differences between the Square credit card app and reader and Verizon PAYware Mobile encryption sleeve and mobile credit card processing app.
1. Transaction Disputes-Square has known issues with transaction disputes. First, if you have the tip function enabled customers will see a 40% increase on the authorization of their card. Customer’s are generally not happy with any authorization over the amount of the purchase. This can spark disputes.
Second, if a transaction was not completed using Square. The transaction authorization may pend on customer’s bank account for a few days. Pending authorizations tie up customer’s money and will most likely cause issues, especially for uncompleted transactions.
2. Stylus- PAYware mobile offers a stylus pen for capturing customer’s signatures. Square requires customer’s to use their finger.
3. Geo-tagging-PAYware mobile offers users the ability to track their customer’s geographic location with Geo-tagging. This feature notes the nearest street or latitude and longitude coordinates. Perfect for tracking where most of your business occurs.
4. Delayed ACH-Square (which is not a merchant account) does not put a limit on how much you can accept with their service, but it will hold any processing funds over $1000 for 30 days. In some cases 45 days. PAYware mobile requires a merchant account, and depending upon the provider- funds may deposit next day with no automatic hold structure.
5. Twitter Account- Square requires a Twitter account before signing up for Square. PAYware mobile does not require a Twitter account to process credit cards.
6. Compatible Devices-PAYware Mobile is compatible with iPhone 3, 3GS, 4 and ipad, ipod touch (manually entry). Square is compatible with the same Apple devices and some Google Android smartphones.
*For iPad Credit Card Readers ROAMpay and Square are compatible.
For more information on accepting credit cards on smartphones, differences between the credit card processing apps, next day funding , or PAYware mobile visit www.paymentmax.com.
Posted on February 16, 2011, in Apple iPhone, iPad credit card processing, iPhone 4, Mobile Phone Credit Card Processing, PAYware Mobile Application, Square comparisions and tagged delayed ach with square, geo-tagging payware mobile, google android credit card processing, known technical difficulties square, mobile credit card processing, next day funding, paymentmax, payware mobile versus square, roampay mobile reader for ipad, square compared to other apps, twitter account required for square. Bookmark the permalink. Comments Off.