Category Archives: Cell Phone Credit Card Processing
The Samsung Infuse 4G smartphone with it’s super thin body and fast processing times has become quite the hit with our merchants who process credit and debit cards on-the-go. The Infuse is also a favorite among independent stylists who accept payments at their station.
Here are some benefits of accepting credit and debit with the AT&T Samsung Infuse 4G.
- Low processing rates-The Infuse is compatible with the ROAMpay swipe. Transactions that are physically swiped cost less than keyed-in transactions.
- Accept payments anywhere-The Infuse, PaymentMax merchant account, and the ROAMpay app gives merchants the ability to accept all major credit and debit cards where ever their customers are. ROAMpay can also accept payments offline. Sales will never be lost because of connection issues.
- Easy, user friendly interface-The Infuse has the largest Samsung touch screen, and mobile credit card processing apps, like ROAMPay are simple to use.
- Fast set-up-After merchant account approval (typically 24 hours) and a quick download of the processing app, merchants can start accepting payments immediately.
This is usually the first question our clients ask. How long will it take before I am up and running…accepting credit cards on my Android, BlackBerry, iPhone, HTC, or other popular smart phones. The answer is-it depends on what mobile app you choose (ROAMpay, PAYware, or AprivaPay).
Each mobile app and corresponding equipment, like credit card readers and printers, are determined by the type of smartphone you have.
Here is a run down.
PAYware mobile works with iPhone 3, 3GS, 4, and iPad. The mobile app is free, and is available at the app store. The app downloads in a few seconds. If you want to swipe your customer’s credit cards you require an encryption sleeve. This is available at the Apple store for immediate purchase. A new merchant account can usually be approved in 24 hours.
ROAMpay Mobile works with the most smart phones/tablets on the market, including Android, iPhone, iPad, Xoom Tablet, BlackBerry, HTC, and over a hundred more. Please see my compatibility list for full list. The app and reader are available through preferred partners such as PaymentMax. Once the new merchant account is approved (about 24hours), The ROAMpay app will be downloaded via SMS link, and the Swiper can be shipped next day, or priority mail depending on your needs.
AprivaPay is compatible with Microsoft (5.0 and 6.0), Android (OS 2.0 and later),iPhone (OS 2x and later), iPad, and BlackBerry devices. AprivaPay is the only PaymentMax supplier to offer a credit card reader and printer combination for mobile devices. Once the new merchant account is approved (usually 24 hours), the reader/printer peripheral can be shipped next day or priority mail. The AprivaPay app is available at AprivaPay.
To get started accepting credit cards on your smartphone, visit www.paymentmax.com
In a previous blog, I wrote about some differences between the Square mobile credit card reader and ROAMpay Mobile credit card reader. Since then, ROAMdata published some interesting comparisons in their February 16, 2011 blog, “Who are Square’s Real Competition?” that I wanted to share with our readers.
The first comparison they make is that Square is meant more for peer-to-peer transactions. Anyone can sign up for a Square account. Have a friend that owes you money? Go ahead and sign up for Square. Your cashless friend can now pay you with their credit card. However, if you are a real merchant processing hundreds of thousands of dollars you may be surprised to know that Square probably is not the best choice for you.
Square’s credit card reader is very cheap to make, but card security and read rates are sacrificed. This may not affect low volume processors (like peer to peer) but merchants processing large volumes will certainly feel the difference. Here are a few key differences.
1. Encryption (Card Security)-ROAM technology uses sound waves to digitize and encrypt card data before transmitting card data to the device. Card data remains encrypted until received by a PCI certified payment server making skimming virtually impossible. Square’s application, lacking in processor and power circuits, rely’s on the phone’s application to digitize and encrypt card data. This places cardholder data out in the open for any other application (skimmers) to grab. Dangerous business practice for high volume merchants.
2. Square’s reliance on the phone’s application for capturing analog track data also presents numerous issues. There are greater read errors and less compatible devices. ROAMpay’s robust physical and electrical design and high compatibility rate make read rates much higher. A definite plus for high processing merchants.
3. ROAMpay device compatibility is the best in the industry. It works on all iOS, dozens of Android phones and tablets, most BlackBerry devices, as well as PC ‘s and netbooks. Square has faced numerous IP issues and are limited to a small amount of devices.
It should also be noted that ROAMpay is not a merchant services provider. It is merely a provider of technology and service to the mobile commerce community. PaymentMax is a ROAMpay preferred merchant services provider and can have you accepting credit card payments on your smartphone quickly and easily.
For more information about mobile credit card processing visit www.paymentmax.com.
iPhone credit card processing has grown tremendously over the past couple of months. Business owners are seeing great returns from their mobile units. So much, that they have been adding new phones (lines) to their mobile merchant accounts. Multiple processing iPhones equals multiple sales and profits!
Managing a fleet of iPhone processors is easy with a PaymentMax merchant account and PAYware mobile. PAYware mobile allows the business owner complete control (and security) over the fleet. Here are the benefits!
- Remote management of multiple devices from a single administration account (gateway).
- Monitor every transaction from every device.
- Real-time monitoring, no delays.
- Easy record keeping of each device.
- Deactivate lost or stolen phones from the gateway quickly.
For more information on iphone credit card processing, adding lines to an existing merchant account, next day funding with PaymentMax, or managing your fleet visit www.paymentmax.com
PAYware Mobile has a big benefit for new merchants it’s called test drive mode, and it allows new users to become familiar with the credit card processing app frontwards and backwards before activating their account!! Test driving the app before activation lowers the amount of initial processing errors, and increases the merchants confidence level tremendously!
PAYware mobile is currently available to iPhone 3G, 3GS, and iPhone 4 models (swiper/encryption sleeve) and the iPod Touch (keyed). It is not compatible with older versions.
ROAMdata just released that their mobile phone credit card processing application ROAMpay is compatible with 21 (yes, twenty-one) Android powered devices.
Mobile commerce is quickly becoming accessible to most cell phone business owners thanks to ROAMdata continually expanding their supported devices list.
Here are a few of the newest Android devices that can now become instant credit card terminals. To get started accepting credit cards on your cell phone, or to find out if your phone is compatible visit www.paymentmax.com.
HTC EVO 4G
HTC Droid Incredible
HTC Nexus One
LG Optimus S
Motorola Droid X
Samsung Epic 4G
Don’t see your phone? Check out my “ROAMdata Compatibility List” for the full supported device list.
AprivaPay has become a hot topic in the PaymentMax office lately. Mobile merchants are super excited about the swiper/printer peripheral for their phones.
At last! They can print receipts in a mobile situation. However, unlike ROAMpay which is compatible with hundreds of mobile phones, Aprivapay is limited to iPhone, Android, BlackBerry, and Windows mobile phones.
For more information, and to get started accepting credit cards with your mobile phone with the option of swiping and printing receipts visit www.paymentmax.com
Up until now, there has been no cell phone credit card processing printer for receipts. Receipts had to be emailed to customers. Some merchants like this function, others do not. They would rather hand their clients a paper receipt.
Well, now with the launch of AprivaPay credit card processing app, credit card swiper, and credit card printer that has all changed. Mobile merchants can now have all of the functions of a store credit card terminal with their smartphones.
Do you manage a field sales fleet equipped with iPhone 3G or 3GS? Want a way to oversee their day to day payment activity as it is happening? If you answered yes to both of these questions then VeriFone’s PAYware Mobile Connect is the perfect processing solution for your sales fleet. Here are the benefits.
- Connect all PAYware Mobile equipped iPhone’s into one single portal
- Operates in real time
- Fully web-based, no software to purchase
- User friendly
- Configure and customize PAYware Mobile Connect to suit your business needs
- Maintenance free
- PCI-DSS compliant
Visit www.paymentmax.com for more information on connecting your mobile sales fleet with PAYware mobile Connect.
Processing credit cards using ROAMpay and your mobile phone (over 100 models are compatible, see my compatibility list) is simple and straight forward.
Once the card has been swiped, and all information entered you will see either Payment Approved! or Payment Declined! In rare cases, you may see an error message. This could mean that the transaction timed out.
To confirm whether a transaction has successfully been completed, check your current batch. Access your current batch under the Inquiry Menu. The last transaction processed will show at the top of the current batch list. If the last transaction listed is the transaction you are inquiring about, then it was processed correctly.
If the latest transaction is not listed under current batch, then the transaction needs to be re-entered and submitted.
PaymentMax is a proud ROAMdata partner and supplier of all ROAMdata products, including ROAMpay Mobile and ROAMpay Mobile Credit Card Reader.