Category Archives: iPhone 4
The Square credit card reader has been getting a great deal of attention these days, giving rise to many questions here at PaymentMax about the differences. Here is a look at the differences between the Square credit card app and reader and Verizon PAYware Mobile encryption sleeve and mobile credit card processing app.
1. Transaction Disputes-Square has known issues with transaction disputes. First, if you have the tip function enabled customers will see a 40% increase on the authorization of their card. Customer’s are generally not happy with any authorization over the amount of the purchase. This can spark disputes.
Second, if a transaction was not completed using Square. The transaction authorization may pend on customer’s bank account for a few days. Pending authorizations tie up customer’s money and will most likely cause issues, especially for uncompleted transactions.
2. Stylus- PAYware mobile offers a stylus pen for capturing customer’s signatures. Square requires customer’s to use their finger.
3. Geo-tagging-PAYware mobile offers users the ability to track their customer’s geographic location with Geo-tagging. This feature notes the nearest street or latitude and longitude coordinates. Perfect for tracking where most of your business occurs.
4. Delayed ACH-Square (which is not a merchant account) does not put a limit on how much you can accept with their service, but it will hold any processing funds over $1000 for 30 days. In some cases 45 days. PAYware mobile requires a merchant account, and depending upon the provider- funds may deposit next day with no automatic hold structure.
5. Twitter Account- Square requires a Twitter account before signing up for Square. PAYware mobile does not require a Twitter account to process credit cards.
6. Compatible Devices-PAYware Mobile is compatible with iPhone 3, 3GS, 4 and ipad, ipod touch (manually entry). Square is compatible with the same Apple devices and some Google Android smartphones.
*For iPad Credit Card Readers ROAMpay and Square are compatible.
For more information on accepting credit cards on smartphones, differences between the credit card processing apps, next day funding , or PAYware mobile visit www.paymentmax.com.
iPhone credit card processing has grown tremendously over the past couple of months. Business owners are seeing great returns from their mobile units. So much, that they have been adding new phones (lines) to their mobile merchant accounts. Multiple processing iPhones equals multiple sales and profits!
Managing a fleet of iPhone processors is easy with a PaymentMax merchant account and PAYware mobile. PAYware mobile allows the business owner complete control (and security) over the fleet. Here are the benefits!
- Remote management of multiple devices from a single administration account (gateway).
- Monitor every transaction from every device.
- Real-time monitoring, no delays.
- Easy record keeping of each device.
- Deactivate lost or stolen phones from the gateway quickly.
For more information on iphone credit card processing, adding lines to an existing merchant account, next day funding with PaymentMax, or managing your fleet visit www.paymentmax.com
We have been receiving so many phone calls and emails regarding the big news that Verizon users will have access to the iPhone on February 3rd (anticipated date). Our clients are excited to start swiping their customers credit cards with the popular iPhone.
There are three iPhone credit card swiper options: PAYware Mobile Swipe, ROAMpay Swipe, and AprivaPay. All three will be available to the Verizon iPhone.
For more information on credit card processing, next day funding, mobile applications, mobile equipment, or the Verizon iPhone visit www.paymentmax.com
Great news for iPhone 4 merchants who have been patiently waiting for PAYware to release their credit card reader (encryption sleeve). It is here and available! Yea!! Swiped cards equals low processing rates!
PAYware mobile encryption sleeve comes with a built in stylus for signature capture, provides end-to-end encryption, and operates in real time. The reader is fully PCI-DSS compliant, and is web-based so there is no need to buy software.
To get started swiping credit cards on your Apple iPhone 4 with next day funding visit www.paymentmax.com.
As mobile businesses grow a common concern among merchants is, “how do I add multiple lines, and can I use multiple devices?” The answer is yes..PaymentMax Processing makes growing your mobile business a breeze. Here are some details.
You can set up your credit card terminal, cell phones, and tablets to one merchant account. There is no need to have multiple merchant MID or TID. All linked devices will process under one merchant account and deposit funds into the same bank account.
All that is needed to add additional sub-lines to your merchant account is a separate phone number. The sub-lines can then be added to your mobile credit card processing app manually by the user.
There are additional charges for sub-lines. Contact your merchant services provider for the different fee schedules.
Sub-lines are easily distinguished from one another with detailed mobile credit card processing billing reports.
For more information on mobile credit card processing, adding devices, or sub-lines to your merchant account. Visit www.paymentmax.com
Over here at the PaymentMax office, we are hearing some news that PAYware is anticipating the release of their iPhone 4 credit card reader/swiper (also known as the encryption sleeve) next week! Yes..next week! Spectacular news for all of those iPhone 4 merchants who have been manually entering their customers data on the PAYware mobile app.
PAYware mobile is expected to have enough encryption sleeves for the demand. For more information on the iPhone 4 encryption sleeve release, iPhone 4 merchant account, or next day funding visit www.paymentmax.com.
*Currently the PAYware mobile encryption sleeve is only available for the iPhone 3, 3G models. There are no photos available but the reader is said to resemble the current sleeve.
A great question we received in the office today is do I need to manage software updates on my phone if I choose AprivaPay over ROAMpay (or PAYware mobile)? The answer is “No”.
A great benefit of AprivaPay is that it is browser not software based. This means that instead of downloading a credit card processing app, the merchant accesses AprivaPay’s mobile terminal site with their cell phone.
A username and password is entered on the AprivaPay site. Then credit card information is entered and processed. AprivaPay manages the back-end. There are never any software updates to download.
This can be a huge benefit for those merchants who do not like to be distracted by updates. AprivaPay is compatible with a few phones including the iPhone 4 and Droid X.
For more information on AprivaPay and compatible phones visit www.paymentmax.com.
Good news for business owners carrying Apple’s iPad, iPhone 4, iPhone 3G, or iPod Touch who want to physically swipe their customers credit cards, and give them a paper receipt.
Aprivapay offers a credit card reader/printer that is compatible with iPhone/iPod Touch models OS 2.x and later.
If you want to accept credit cards with your iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, or iPad you have a few choices: ROAMpay mobile, PAYware mobile, and AprivaPay.
If you you want a printer and credit card reader AprivaPay is the way to go. ROAMpay and PAYware only offer the credit card reader (also known as the encryption sleeve). *PAYware only offers the encryption sleeve for the iPhone 3G,3Gs models only.
For more information on mobile credit card processing applications and/or equipment visit www.paymentmax.com.
**PaymentMax is offering free AprivaPay readers with new, approved merchant accounts.
Do you manage a field sales fleet equipped with iPhone 3G or 3GS? Want a way to oversee their day to day payment activity as it is happening? If you answered yes to both of these questions then VeriFone’s PAYware Mobile Connect is the perfect processing solution for your sales fleet. Here are the benefits.
- Connect all PAYware Mobile equipped iPhone’s into one single portal
- Operates in real time
- Fully web-based, no software to purchase
- User friendly
- Configure and customize PAYware Mobile Connect to suit your business needs
- Maintenance free
- PCI-DSS compliant
Visit www.paymentmax.com for more information on connecting your mobile sales fleet with PAYware mobile Connect.