Category Archives: Mobile Phone Credit Card Processing
PaymentMax is happy to announce the latest and greatest mobile credit card reader from ROAMdata: The ROAMpay G3X.
Here are the benefits:
- The ROAMpay G3X comes equipped with enhanced security features to prevent credit card fraud that plaques other non-encrypted mobile credit readers.
- Compatible with hundreds of mobile devices: iOs, Android, BlackBerry, PC and Mac.
- Three times more device coverage than all other companies combined.
- Equipped with the latest technology: NFC (near field communication) and EMV (Europay).
- Mobile solutions such as mobile check-out, mobile offers, and mobile wallet.
- Lowest cost of ownership.
For more information on mobile credit card processing, visit www.paymentmax.com
This is usually the first question our clients ask. How long will it take before I am up and running…accepting credit cards on my Android, BlackBerry, iPhone, HTC, or other popular smart phones. The answer is-it depends on what mobile app you choose (ROAMpay, PAYware, or AprivaPay).
Each mobile app and corresponding equipment, like credit card readers and printers, are determined by the type of smartphone you have.
Here is a run down.
PAYware mobile works with iPhone 3, 3GS, 4, and iPad. The mobile app is free, and is available at the app store. The app downloads in a few seconds. If you want to swipe your customer’s credit cards you require an encryption sleeve. This is available at the Apple store for immediate purchase. A new merchant account can usually be approved in 24 hours.
ROAMpay Mobile works with the most smart phones/tablets on the market, including Android, iPhone, iPad, Xoom Tablet, BlackBerry, HTC, and over a hundred more. Please see my compatibility list for full list. The app and reader are available through preferred partners such as PaymentMax. Once the new merchant account is approved (about 24hours), The ROAMpay app will be downloaded via SMS link, and the Swiper can be shipped next day, or priority mail depending on your needs.
AprivaPay is compatible with Microsoft (5.0 and 6.0), Android (OS 2.0 and later),iPhone (OS 2x and later), iPad, and BlackBerry devices. AprivaPay is the only PaymentMax supplier to offer a credit card reader and printer combination for mobile devices. Once the new merchant account is approved (usually 24 hours), the reader/printer peripheral can be shipped next day or priority mail. The AprivaPay app is available at AprivaPay.
To get started accepting credit cards on your smartphone, visit www.paymentmax.com
In a previous blog, I wrote about some differences between the Square mobile credit card reader and ROAMpay Mobile credit card reader. Since then, ROAMdata published some interesting comparisons in their February 16, 2011 blog, “Who are Square’s Real Competition?” that I wanted to share with our readers.
The first comparison they make is that Square is meant more for peer-to-peer transactions. Anyone can sign up for a Square account. Have a friend that owes you money? Go ahead and sign up for Square. Your cashless friend can now pay you with their credit card. However, if you are a real merchant processing hundreds of thousands of dollars you may be surprised to know that Square probably is not the best choice for you.
Square’s credit card reader is very cheap to make, but card security and read rates are sacrificed. This may not affect low volume processors (like peer to peer) but merchants processing large volumes will certainly feel the difference. Here are a few key differences.
1. Encryption (Card Security)-ROAM technology uses sound waves to digitize and encrypt card data before transmitting card data to the device. Card data remains encrypted until received by a PCI certified payment server making skimming virtually impossible. Square’s application, lacking in processor and power circuits, rely’s on the phone’s application to digitize and encrypt card data. This places cardholder data out in the open for any other application (skimmers) to grab. Dangerous business practice for high volume merchants.
2. Square’s reliance on the phone’s application for capturing analog track data also presents numerous issues. There are greater read errors and less compatible devices. ROAMpay’s robust physical and electrical design and high compatibility rate make read rates much higher. A definite plus for high processing merchants.
3. ROAMpay device compatibility is the best in the industry. It works on all iOS, dozens of Android phones and tablets, most BlackBerry devices, as well as PC ‘s and netbooks. Square has faced numerous IP issues and are limited to a small amount of devices.
It should also be noted that ROAMpay is not a merchant services provider. It is merely a provider of technology and service to the mobile commerce community. PaymentMax is a ROAMpay preferred merchant services provider and can have you accepting credit card payments on your smartphone quickly and easily.
For more information about mobile credit card processing visit www.paymentmax.com.
The Square credit card reader has been getting a great deal of attention these days, giving rise to many questions here at PaymentMax about the differences. Here is a look at the differences between the Square credit card app and reader and Verizon PAYware Mobile encryption sleeve and mobile credit card processing app.
1. Transaction Disputes-Square has known issues with transaction disputes. First, if you have the tip function enabled customers will see a 40% increase on the authorization of their card. Customer’s are generally not happy with any authorization over the amount of the purchase. This can spark disputes.
Second, if a transaction was not completed using Square. The transaction authorization may pend on customer’s bank account for a few days. Pending authorizations tie up customer’s money and will most likely cause issues, especially for uncompleted transactions.
2. Stylus- PAYware mobile offers a stylus pen for capturing customer’s signatures. Square requires customer’s to use their finger.
3. Geo-tagging-PAYware mobile offers users the ability to track their customer’s geographic location with Geo-tagging. This feature notes the nearest street or latitude and longitude coordinates. Perfect for tracking where most of your business occurs.
4. Delayed ACH-Square (which is not a merchant account) does not put a limit on how much you can accept with their service, but it will hold any processing funds over $1000 for 30 days. In some cases 45 days. PAYware mobile requires a merchant account, and depending upon the provider- funds may deposit next day with no automatic hold structure.
5. Twitter Account- Square requires a Twitter account before signing up for Square. PAYware mobile does not require a Twitter account to process credit cards.
6. Compatible Devices-PAYware Mobile is compatible with iPhone 3, 3GS, 4 and ipad, ipod touch (manually entry). Square is compatible with the same Apple devices and some Google Android smartphones.
*For iPad Credit Card Readers ROAMpay and Square are compatible.
For more information on accepting credit cards on smartphones, differences between the credit card processing apps, next day funding , or PAYware mobile visit www.paymentmax.com.
iPhone credit card processing has grown tremendously over the past couple of months. Business owners are seeing great returns from their mobile units. So much, that they have been adding new phones (lines) to their mobile merchant accounts. Multiple processing iPhones equals multiple sales and profits!
Managing a fleet of iPhone processors is easy with a PaymentMax merchant account and PAYware mobile. PAYware mobile allows the business owner complete control (and security) over the fleet. Here are the benefits!
- Remote management of multiple devices from a single administration account (gateway).
- Monitor every transaction from every device.
- Real-time monitoring, no delays.
- Easy record keeping of each device.
- Deactivate lost or stolen phones from the gateway quickly.
For more information on iphone credit card processing, adding lines to an existing merchant account, next day funding with PaymentMax, or managing your fleet visit www.paymentmax.com
Up until now, there has been no cell phone credit card processing printer for receipts. Receipts had to be emailed to customers. Some merchants like this function, others do not. They would rather hand their clients a paper receipt.
Well, now with the launch of AprivaPay credit card processing app, credit card swiper, and credit card printer that has all changed. Mobile merchants can now have all of the functions of a store credit card terminal with their smartphones.
Mobile Merchant Services by PaymentMax makes accepting credit cards on your mobile phone a cinch! PaymentMax can have you up and running, accepting all major credit and debit cards on your phone in as fast as 1 day!
Here are the benefits of accepting credit cards on your cell phone.
1. Perfect for those merchants who frequently conduct business away from the office, such as home service professionals, home party consultants, and transportation service companies.
2. Perfect for those businesses that have a field sales team. Mobile phone credit card applications can enable the business owner to unite the whole team in real-time processing.
3. Accept the payment the moment the work is completed. Get paid instantly! No more billing issues.
4. PaymentMax offers next day funding to mobile merchants. Fast funding equals cash flow in as little as 12 hours.
5. Process any major credit or debit card.
6. No additional hardware to purchase. Credit card encryption sleeve readers are an additional cost.
*PaymentMax is offering a free ROAMpay credit card swiper for free with new, approved accounts.
7. Get credit card authorization in seconds, no need for a pen to write down auth information, or call the office.
8. Electronically email your clients their receipts right from your mobile phone. No paper or ink to purchase.
9. Access all of your transactions 24/7 from your PC or mobile phone.
10. Secure and double encrypted. PCI compliant. No storage of sensitive data on your phone.
11. Customers never lose sight of their credit cards. Their credit cards are swiped right in front of them. Perfect for restaurants accepting credit cards at the table.
12. Never lose a sale again!
For more information on mobile phone credit card processing, visit http://www.paymentmax.com/my-business/mobile.aspx