Category Archives: PAYware Mobile Application
VeriFone’s PAYware Mobile is a popular mobile credit card processing app among on-the-go merchants. Previously, PAYware Mobile was only available for the iPhones, iPads, and iPods. But now…I am excited to let our BlackBerry and Android merchants know that they can now process their customers credit cards with the PAYware Mobile App! This is still keyed-in only…but I am sure VeriFone will have an encryption sleeve available soon!
Here are the benefits of PAYware Mobile.
PAYware Mobile maps each and every transaction for its users. The app provides a longitude and latitude tag marking where a sale has occurred. This helps reduce transaction disputes, and provides excellent tracking records for future marketing efforts.
PAYware Mobile is a fully encrypted and PCI compliant. Credit card information is encrypted instantly, and remains so until it reaches the card issuer. Information is never stored on the device.
Complete Management of Fleets
PAYware Mobile allows all transactions, from all mobile devices, to be tracked, monitored, and deactivated from a remote location. The PAYware Mobile Gateway provides real-time management functions. For those business owners with a mobile fleet, this peace of mind is priceless.
PAYware Mobile is super easy to use. The user friendly interface can have even the most novice smartphone operator processing credit cards in no time. The mobile app also has a test and demo function which allows its users to become familiar with the app before going live. PaymentMax can have mobile merchants up and running fast! Many times in less than 24 hours.
For more information on processing credit cards with PAYware Mobile, BlackBerry, Android, or another smartphone visit www.paymentmax.com.
Mobile businesses are just that mobile! They move from one location to the next, Scout out future territories, and then pack everything up at the end of the day. This on-the-go characteristic creates more opportunities for smartphones and readers to become lost.
A few of our clients have encountered this very dilemma, and were so thankful that they had chosen the PAYware Mobile credit card processing app and encryption sleeve. They were able to instantly and remotely deactivate the device themselves with their PC. No worries thanks to the PAYware Mobile Gateway.
Here are the benefits of having access to a gateway from a PC.
- Security - The ability to instantly and remotely deactivate a device (or several devices) provides a huge sense of security. Other credit card apps, like Square, require a phone call or an email if deactivation is required.
- Administration - The PAYware mobile gateway allows the administrator to view all activity on all devices in real-time on a PC.
- Reporting – Extensive reporting functions are available to users of the VeriFone PAYware Mobile Gateway. Functions include: online management tools, custom email receipts, transaction details, transaction search, and settlement details.
Great news coming from Verifone this week…the PAYware Mobile App is now compatible with BlackBerry Smartphones!
Our BlackBerry clients who have been holding out for the PAYware Mobile credit card processing app can now start accepting all major credit cards by keying in the transaction. Verifone is expected to have a PAYware Mobile Swipe for the RIM BlackBerry this summer.
One big benefit of PAYware Mobile is the geo-tagging capability. This function shows merchants plot points on a map of where their sales have occurred. A great tracking function to increase sales. The geo-tagging also gives a longitude and latitude tag on each transaction to help lower the risk of a dispute.
For more information on accepting credit cards on the BlackBerry Smartphone with PAYware Mobile visit www.paymentmax.com.
The Square credit card reader has been getting a great deal of attention these days, giving rise to many questions here at PaymentMax about the differences. Here is a look at the differences between the Square credit card app and reader and Verizon PAYware Mobile encryption sleeve and mobile credit card processing app.
1. Transaction Disputes-Square has known issues with transaction disputes. First, if you have the tip function enabled customers will see a 40% increase on the authorization of their card. Customer’s are generally not happy with any authorization over the amount of the purchase. This can spark disputes.
Second, if a transaction was not completed using Square. The transaction authorization may pend on customer’s bank account for a few days. Pending authorizations tie up customer’s money and will most likely cause issues, especially for uncompleted transactions.
2. Stylus- PAYware mobile offers a stylus pen for capturing customer’s signatures. Square requires customer’s to use their finger.
3. Geo-tagging-PAYware mobile offers users the ability to track their customer’s geographic location with Geo-tagging. This feature notes the nearest street or latitude and longitude coordinates. Perfect for tracking where most of your business occurs.
4. Delayed ACH-Square (which is not a merchant account) does not put a limit on how much you can accept with their service, but it will hold any processing funds over $1000 for 30 days. In some cases 45 days. PAYware mobile requires a merchant account, and depending upon the provider- funds may deposit next day with no automatic hold structure.
5. Twitter Account- Square requires a Twitter account before signing up for Square. PAYware mobile does not require a Twitter account to process credit cards.
6. Compatible Devices-PAYware Mobile is compatible with iPhone 3, 3GS, 4 and ipad, ipod touch (manually entry). Square is compatible with the same Apple devices and some Google Android smartphones.
*For iPad Credit Card Readers ROAMpay and Square are compatible.
For more information on accepting credit cards on smartphones, differences between the credit card processing apps, next day funding , or PAYware mobile visit www.paymentmax.com.
Great news for iPhone 4 merchants who have been patiently waiting for PAYware to release their credit card reader (encryption sleeve). It is here and available! Yea!! Swiped cards equals low processing rates!
PAYware mobile encryption sleeve comes with a built in stylus for signature capture, provides end-to-end encryption, and operates in real time. The reader is fully PCI-DSS compliant, and is web-based so there is no need to buy software.
To get started swiping credit cards on your Apple iPhone 4 with next day funding visit www.paymentmax.com.
PAYware Mobile has a big benefit for new merchants it’s called test drive mode, and it allows new users to become familiar with the credit card processing app frontwards and backwards before activating their account!! Test driving the app before activation lowers the amount of initial processing errors, and increases the merchants confidence level tremendously!
PAYware mobile is currently available to iPhone 3G, 3GS, and iPhone 4 models (swiper/encryption sleeve) and the iPod Touch (keyed). It is not compatible with older versions.
A great question I received in the office today was about PAYware mobile credit card processing receipts, and if they are customizable. The answer is, “absolutely”!
Mobile merchants accepting credit cards on their iPhone 3G and iPhone 3Gs will email customers their sales receipt. The receipt will contain all of the necessary information required by payment processing regulations, but the header and footer area can be customized to meet the needs of the merchant.
To customize receipts the merchant must be logged in to the PAYware Connect gateway, and from there enter the Merchant Portal section.
For more information on mobile credit card processing, iPhone 3 mobile terminals, PAYware mobile, PAYware Connect gateway, or merchant accounts visit www.paymentmax.com.
Do you manage a field sales fleet equipped with iPhone 3G or 3GS? Want a way to oversee their day to day payment activity as it is happening? If you answered yes to both of these questions then VeriFone’s PAYware Mobile Connect is the perfect processing solution for your sales fleet. Here are the benefits.
- Connect all PAYware Mobile equipped iPhone’s into one single portal
- Operates in real time
- Fully web-based, no software to purchase
- User friendly
- Configure and customize PAYware Mobile Connect to suit your business needs
- Maintenance free
- PCI-DSS compliant
Visit www.paymentmax.com for more information on connecting your mobile sales fleet with PAYware mobile Connect.
Currently the PAYware mobile encryption sleeve (credit card reader) is only compatible with the iphone 3G and iphone 3GS.
PAYware mobile has an iphone 4 credit card reader in the works, and PaymentMax will be one of the first to offer it to clients.
The iphone 4 is significantly different than the iphone 3G, 3GS and any attempts to use the encryption sleeve with the iphone 4 may void warranties for either device.
If you would like to accept credit cards on your iphone 4, you may do so with a manual entry of credit card data using the PAYware mobile application.
For more information on accepting credit cards on iphone 4 , and how PaymentMax can upgrade clients with the PAYware mobile encryption sleeve with no additional service fees.